Connecting on Social Media
So if you are looking to catch up with me on the Interwebs, here are the ways that I use the various outlets. At some point, I’ll add to how I use them in a practical sense.
- Facebook – I use for personal use only – just personal acquaintances and close friends.
- Swarm – I use for both work and personal. I share with Twitter and Facebook from here selectively. I follow people selectively.
- Google+ – pretty much defunct at this point.
- LinkedIn – I use pretty heavily – especially for business development and recruiting. I actively add people that I have met. I do NOT however add people I have not met – I don’t understand why people even use it that way.
- Twitter – probably the most used of social media. I mix business and pleasure here. I follow back folks that may be of interest, but regularly ween the list down. I also use it to read the news and stay on top of the latest developments.
- Instagram – limited to pushing out my interesting photography. May have an occasional family photo intertwined.
I’ve played around with the IFTTT to cross pollenate and/or save history of some of this stuff. For example – auto-saving Swarm check-ins to an Evernote folder. It’s a pretty cool service if you haven’t checked it out.